Friday, January 13, 2012

Fatt Family

The internet is a wonderful way to find family members - recently some of the Schmaeck descendants have found my book via Google. But no-one yet has contacted me from the families of Brownlow Fatt and Ann Amelia Clayfield, or John Fatt and Harriet Greenfield. Does this mean that the Fatt family has not yet caught the bug of family history research?

In particular, I'm surprised that the descendants of Brownlow Fatt's son Edward Cuell Fatt, who arrived in Victoria in 1856 aboard Goldfinger, have not made contact. Only one descendant of John Fatt's son Frederick Helling Fatt, ordained as a minister in Ontario, Canada in 1888, seems to be aware of the Pierssené book. If only these Fatts knew, there is a goldmine of information about their Fatt forebears in my book Pierssené, a Huguenot Family of London (available through BookPOD).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have an old email address for an Edward Cuell Fatt descendent. I will try to contact him and let him know about the book. He sent me a copy of Edward Cuell Fatt's death certificate in 2006. It gives his parents as Edward Fatt and Ann Fatt formerly Brashier. I informed the descendent that this information was incorrect, but I didnt hear back from him.
Julie-Ann

Louise Wilson said...

Thanks for that, Julie-Ann. Much appreciated.