Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gordon Pierssene Milestones

Gordon Pierssene was the inspiration for my book Pierssene, a Huguenot Family of London. As I explained in the introduction to that book, he found me on the internet via my entry to the AFTC Huguenot Surnames Index and contacted me at the end of June 2001. We then began a long correspondence. Our families met socially several times in London. Gordon generously supplied much of the information contained in the first half of the book, the results of his research.
It therefore seems entirely appropriate to feature Gordon and his wife Kathleen celebrating several important milestones during 2012 - their 65th wedding anniversary and Kathleen's 90th birthday. Their daughter Barbara sent me these lovely photos, taken in London and proving that they have both aged very gracefully!

No comments: